Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Off to "School" We Go

So the twins finally started pre-school with Alex (after a few more bouts of ear infections and pink eyes). They have officially been there for a couple of weeks now and seem to be adjusting very well. It's great having them all in one spot.

The first few days were definitely very teary, but when we're out of sight they seem to play well and appear happy. Even on the first day there, I was amazed to check on them during naptime and see them sleeping soundly on their mats next to each other. They can't even fall asleep in the same room at home because they just "talk" and laugh with each other...I guess it's the peer pressure.

I definitely think the teachers have underestimated their ability to eat as they seem to eat everything in sight at school and are still hungry when they get home. Last night, the twins had half of a large pizza by themselves (not kidding)...did I mentioned that they're only 19 months old! With 3 growing boys, I can't imagine what our food bill will be like when they're teenagers. Although the twins are the youngest kids in their class by at least 4 months, they are both probably one of the tallest kids if not the tallest. I guess the growth charts at the doctor's office have been accurate.

By the way, all the tests on Matthew came back normal and the leading case for his seizures are just fever related. I didn't want to subject him to more testing if the leading indicators seem to point to fevers. We will pray that this is all that was and that all the kiddos stay healthier (as well as the parents- last week I unfortunately got bronchitis and a sinus infection and some early pneumonia, but hopefully with all the meds I will be back to normal soon).
Why is it that a perfectly healthy adult can go 20 years without so much as a sneeze, but the moment that they have kids, that same healthy adult seems to get sick all the time and it seems to take way longer to recover)

No comments:

Post a Comment